Thursday 7 August 2014

WHO DO YOU REALLY SERVE?

In March, 2003, I traveled to a state in the South-South geopolitical zone of Nigeria for a meeting with the State Governor. The state had set aside N2Billion to start a bank and wanted us to serve as the consultant to assist it obtain a Banking Licence. When I arrived at the Government House, the State Governor was in another meeting and directed the Secretary to the State Government to meet with me in his stead. There were two Commissioners in attendance at our meeting.

We had proposed a consulting fee of N25million but we were willing to accept N15million at the least. To my surprise and utter disbelief, I was told to revise our fee quote upwards to 10% of the N2Billion which the state had already set aside to meet the Central Bank of Nigeria's minimum Paid-up Share Capital requirement at the time for Deposit Money Banks. The state officials told me that we would be paid N25million as our fee as we proposed and that the balance of N175million would be theirs! They probably expected me to negotiate for a share of the N175million. I knew then that the transaction was not the Breakthrough I thought it was. At the time, I had very pressing financial obligations to meet. I walked away from the transaction.

I know God is; I know I am Heaven-bound; and I am determined that mammon would never rob me of my intimacy with God and eventually take me to hell.

The greatest rival to God on earth today is not satan. It is mammon: the Love of Money.

Men and women have done unimaginable things because of their love of money. They have stolen; they have killed; they have destroyed; they have betrayed friends, family and country; they have even sold their souls to the devil; and they have indulged in the worst perverted acts possible.....for money.

Jesus said you cannot serve two masters; you cannot serve God and mammon.

Who do you REALLY serve: God or mammon?

No comments:

Post a Comment