Saturday 13 September 2014

#GRATITUDECHALLENGE: DAY TWO - MY SALVATION

    The thing that has most influenced my life is my Faith. My Faith underpins my beliefs, my marriage, my values, my relationships, my world-view, my lifestyle, my business, and my politics. What Would Jesus Do? What has God said? What is the Will of God? My life is God-centric.

    So, I am grateful for Saturday, 16th April, 1983. It was about 11am when Rev. Dr. Kaiser Etta, who was then a student of Medicine at the University of Calabar, came to visit his younger brother (my friend and classmate), Kevin Etta, in our Fifth Form at King's College, Lagos. We were boarders and I recall that about 15 of us congregated around him in Hyde Johnson's House to greet him. After the usual pleasantries, he started preaching to us about Jesus Christ. Now, this was 1983, and the idea of being "born-again" was not a popular subject in those days. In truth, if I knew that would happen, I probably would have dodged. It was about 2 weeks before our University Matriculation Examination and most of us were looking forward to entering the University and becoming "free".

    I do not remember all Dr. Etta said. But his words made an indelible impression on me. Though I had heard the salvation message before, it hit me afresh and I just knew what he shared was the Truth. He asked us to bow our heads and requested those of us who wanted to give our lives to Christ to repeat a prayer after him. I did. And, truly, my life has never been the same since that day.

    I am thankful to God for Dr. Kaiser Etta's obedience to Him. I am thankful to God that I am born-again. I am thankful to God that my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I am thankful that I have Eternal Life. I am thankful to God that He delivered me from the kingdom of darkness and translated me into the Kingdom of His Dear Son, Jesus Christ. I am thankful that my life has meaning and that I am Purpose-driven. I am thankful for my Salvation.

    Praise God! Halleluyah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment