Sunday 14 September 2014

#GRATITUDECHALLENGE: DAY THREE - MY BEST FRIEND

    I imagine that some people get irritated when someone comes on social media and writes flowery things in praise of his/her spouse on their Wedding Anniversary or Birthdays. No one ever says how bad his/her spouse is. I can imagine a reader rolling his/her eyes in disbelief and cynically saying: "Really?!". Every marriage is blissful, happy, "made in Heaven".....on Facebook. Every spouse is loving, thoughtful, kind, faithful, wonderful.....on Facebook. Those who know the couple in real life are usually appalled by the hypocrisy of such posts. They are familiar with their frequent quarrels; they know about the battery and abuse; they know how fragile the union really is. They are not deceived and they are not impressed.

    I have also been effusive with praise for my wife on her Birthdays and our Wedding Anniversaries. Our 22nd Wedding Anniversary was just a few days ago and, once again, I let the world know how blessed I am to have Awesiri as my wife. What is different in our case is that those who know us personally do actually bear witness that we have something truly special.

    Those who have interacted with me know I am not the nicest of people. LOL! Yeah, I know: I am opinionated, too blunt, undiplomatic, forward, arrogant.....maybe even worse. We are growing and God is helping us.

    So Awesiri must be truly exceptional to have coped with me all these years. Our story is really the stuff of love novels: we met as teenagers (we were both 17 years+ when we met on Christmas Day in 1984); we got engaged while just 20 years old; courted for 5 years; got married at 25; waited 19 years to have our son, Omoseona Isaiah Chukwuyenumkekanma Tobore Onyekachi; been in the valleys together; been on the mountain-tops together; and still deeply in love after all these years. Ours is not a fairy tale; it is real.

    I am grateful to God for giving me Awesiri. I am thankful that I have a help-mate, a help-meet, who really is a helper. I am blessed that I have my Best Friend as my wife. I am glad that my marriage is indeed a foretaste of Heaven.

    My wife inspires, energises, motivates and challenges me. Her spirituality is uncommon. My prayer life owes much to the example my wife's is. She is a genuine intercessor with an amazing Prophetic Anointing. I have often wondered why God speaks to my wife first on many issues. LOL! As God told Abraham, I have since learnt the wisdom of listening to my wife.

    This third day of the #GratitudeChallenge, whom I am filled with gratitude to God for is AWESIRI NWAJI BOSE EYIEYIEN, MY WIFE. Thank you, LORD.

    Praise God! Halleluyah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment