Saturday 13 September 2014

#GRATITUDECHALLENGE: DAY ONE - MY WEALTHY PLACE

    I do not like to "go with the flow". If something is a fad, I am immediately put off. I am not a conformist. I am a Transformer!

    It was my dear friend and brother, Steve Ideh, that first nominated me to take up the ‪#‎GratitudeChallenge‬ about two weeks ago. As some of you may know, the Gratitude Challenge has been trending on Facebook for some time now. Two other friends, Dr. Wilson Orhiunu and Phyoh Na, have been posting things (and the names of people) they are thankful to God for.

    Yesterday, I had a second nomination from my sister, Olayemi Olaniyi.

    And this evening I decided there are too many things (and people) I am grateful to God for that I should testify about God's Faithfulness in my life. For me, this is really not a challenge. There have been seasons in my life that I have struggled to be grateful. Those were times I got so caught up with my drive for "success" that I was deceived into thinking that I should have been farther ahead in my business, finances, ministry etc. It appeared then that I was a Prisoner of Hope. And the heart does get sick from hope deferred.

    But that was then. This is now.

    So, the very first thing I am grateful to God for is that He has brought me out into my Wealthy Place. I have gone through the fire and the flood. He caused men to ride over my head but, praise God, today He has caused me to find My Place and enter My Place. Halleluyah!

    Interestingly, nay ironically, I am not actually better off materially and financially than the seasons I went through "hell and high worer" [as my mentor and friend, Pastor Paul Adefarasin would say]. The difference is that God has brought me into a Place of Settlement. It is a Place of Peace. It is a Place where I have ceased from my own labours. It is a Place wherein I soar with wings as an eagle; a Place where I run and I am not wearied. It is a Place of unspeakable joy which is full of glory.

    Praise God, I am in My Place!




No comments:

Post a Comment