Thursday 27 June 2013

EGHEOMHANRE EYIEYIEN FOR SENATE 2015: MY MANIFESTO - ISSUE NUMBER ONE: ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA

ISSUE NUMBER ONE: ZERO-TOLERANCE FOR CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA.

CORRUPTION IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO NIGERIA'S POSTERITY. IT IS MUCH DEADLIER THAN EVEN BOKO HARAM!!

Corruption has had a great toll on our economy, our infrastructures, our people and our institutions. The economic and social costs of corruption in the public and private sectors of Nigeria
since attaining political independence in 1960 is possibly well over US$2Trillion!! It is a monstrous cancer that continues to erode our nation, our psyche and our potentials. It is a blight on our nation and a threat to the future of our children and generations yet unborn.

By God's Grace, when the good people of Edo Central Senatorial District (Esanland) choose me to represent them as a Distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2015, I shall be a Champion of Zero-Tolerance For Corruption.

Consequently, I hereby declare publicly and before God Almighty, the Father of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, that:

1. I shall make public all the monies being illegally paid to a Senator. The present pay which is reportedly about N29million per month (no one knows the actual sum because of the opaque manner in which legislators handle their salaries and allowances) is scandalous, obscene and repulsive. It is a shame that public funds are doled out in that profligate manner in the midst of the dirt poverty in which about 70% of our people wallow.

2. I shall only receive the remuneration duly approved by the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission and publish same accordingly.

3. I shall publish my Asset Declaration Form upon being sworn-in as a Senator and do so on the 29th of May in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and 2019 by God's Grace.

4. I shall not use public office to illegally enrich myself, my spouse, my children, my sibling, relatives, friends, associates and allies.



I have made bold to declare my commitment to integrity here in unmistakable terms and I invite all of you to hold me accountable for what I have said here publicly when I am in the Senate by God's Grace.


Esan di fure!

Nigeria di fure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment