Saturday 27 April 2013

MY MESSAGE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ESAN NORTH-EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE ON THE FAILED LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION

My Dear Brothers and Sisters,

 

Bo dia ye?

Sometime last week, I made a post in Uromi Voice (our Facebook group) appealing for calm and restraint as some people expressed their anger and disappointment over the failed Local Government election of 20th April. I cautioned then that there was no need to descend to insults and name-calling and I expressed hope that the rescheduled election, which held on 24th April, would be better organized and all would be well. Unfortunately, things were even worse this last time and the subsequent cancellation of the election understandably enraged some of our people who reacted angrily with street protests and the blockade of some major roads in Uromi. Since then this forum has been inundated with several abusive posts. Gov. Adams Oshiomhole has been called many unprintable names. And, not unexpectedly, the rancour between ACN supporters and PDP supporters has resurfaced in Uromi Voice. The dispute has become a good excuse to start the pro-Anenih/anti-Oshiomhole and pro-Oshiomhole/anti-Anenih debates all over again in the forum.

I am running for Senate in 2015 and I hope to win the ACN ticket by God's Grace. Nevertheless, I publicly endorsed Hon. John Yakubu of the PDP for re-election as the Chairman of Esan North-East Local Government Area. Some of my ACN members were no doubt embarrassed by my stance and some folks even called me a "political novice" and "naïve" for my position. I am very deliberate in ALL my posts and comments in Uromi Voice and other fora on Facebook. So I stand by my choice of Yakubu as our LGA Chairman. My political philosophy is anchored on COURAGE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, EQUITY, SERVICE and TRUTH. I represent a New Godly Order in politics in Uromi, Esanland, Edo State and Nigeria. People will catch on to my style with time.

I am optimistic that the wish of Uromi people regarding who leads the LGA will be upheld by God's Grace. Truth and Justice shall prevail. GOD HIMSELF, IN HIS OWN WAY AND IN HIS OWN TIME, WILL ENSURE THAT HAPPENS EVEN IF THE JUDICIARY IS COMPROMISED!

So, once again, I appeal for peace. No Uromi blood is worth shedding for Gov. Adams Oshiomhole, Chief Anthony Anenih, Arc. Mike Onolemenmen, Hon. John Yakubu, Samuel Oboh, Action Congress of Nigeria, Peoples Democratic Party or any other political party or politician. We must not allow strife in Uromi and yield place to confusion and every evil work.

God bless Uromi.

Uromi di fure.

Esan di fure!

No comments:

Post a Comment