Thursday 19 September 2013

RE: EL RUFAI, CAN, APC AND THE PRESIDENTIAL POLITICS OF 2015: A POST SCRIPT

I have received several reactions to my article, "EL RUFAI, CAN, APC AND THE PRESIDENTIAL POLITICS OF 2015". Most of them were via Facebook.

Not unexpectedly, the comments were diverse and generally followed this pattern:

THE "AYES": Christians, PDP loyalists and Supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan's second term bid.

THE "NAYS": Fundamentalist Muslims, APC loyalists, "New PDP" Supporters, Buharists, El Rufaists and Anti-Jonathan Elements.

Nigerians are just hilarious. LOL! Again, not surprisingly, the most passionate comments were made by the Nays. Hence, the need for this Post Script.

I keep saying that Facebook is a leveller. There were commentators on the discussion thread who know me personally and call me "sir" when they meet me but who will spoke rudely about me.

But for Facebook, some commentators would never even engage with me. They will not even be allowed to see me if they filled a Visitor's Form and said they wanted to meet with me in my office. Some others would not even qualify to be employed as an Office Assistant or Driver in my Company. But na so Facebook dey be! LOL!

The hypocrisy of those accusing me of being a "religious bigot" and playing "religious politics" just reeks of the foulest odour! Most of them support APC because they are Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba, Kanuri, or Muslims. Others, because they just hate GEJ!

APC is the alliance of the Boko Haramist ANPP of the north-east, the feudal and Islamist CPC of the north-west and the Islamist but pretentious "progressive" ACN of the south-west.

Sadly, isn't Nigeria's politics today all about Religion, Tribe and Geo-Political Zones?!

Why do you think Nigeria was surreptitiously made a member of the Organisation of Islamic Countries (now "Cooperation") by Alhaji Gen. Ibrahim Babangida without the knowledge of his deputy, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe?

Why is there Shariah Law on criminal matters (in breach of Nigeria's Constitution) in the so-called "core" northern states? Even late Justice Mohammed Bello, Nigeria's former Chief Justice whose son (Abba Bello) was my classmate all through our days at King's College, Lagos, and remains a dear close friend till date, decalred that the introduction of Shariah Law over criminal matters by the paedophile Sani Yerima who was then the Governor of Zamfara State, was blatantly unconstitutional. Of course, Justice Bello was a very devout Muslim. Thank God the likes of Sheikh Gumi did not declare a fatwa on him!!

Why is the "Emir of Kano" hopeful, Alhaji Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, pushing Malaysia-style Islamic Banking in Nigeria despite being declared illegal and unconstitutional by Justice Gabriel Kolawole of the Federal High Court in Abuja?

Why is there Boko Haram?

Why is GEJ being hounded by some of those who believe they must achieve Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello's dream of "dipping the Quran in the Atlantic Ocean" and making Nigeria the "estate of their jihadist grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio"?

Only a hypocrite will not acknowledge the reality that religion in Nigeria is politics!

I am not religious. I will never be religious. I hate religion. I am SPIRITUAL. There is a difference.

The spiritual man judges all things. But only the deep can call to the deep. Let the reader understand. Selah!

God bless Nigeria!

Nigeria di fure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment